- 1 lb. light brown sugar
- A few grains of salt
- ¾ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, or butter baking sheet lightly.
- Mix sugar, salt, evaporated milk and butter in medium size saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pecans and cook over medium size saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add pecans and cool over medium heat to soft ball stage (234 degrees), stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- Stir rapidly until mixture begins to thicken and coat pecans lightly.
- Drop rapidly from a teaspoon onto baking sheet to form patties. (If candy becomes too stiff at the last few to handle easily, stir in a few drops of hot water.)
- Let pralines stand until cool and set. Makes about 20 small pralines