- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter (¼ lb)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons karo syrup
- 4 cups pecan halves
- Put all ingredients except the pecans in a 3 quart saucepan and cook for about 20 minutes, after boiling starts, stir occasionally.
- Add the pecans and cook the mixture until the liquid forms a soft ball when a little is dropped into cold water.
- Stir well and then drop by spoonfuls on wax paper.
- Place a few sheets of newspaper beneath the waxed paper. I find it convenient to place a small table near the stove over which I put a few sheets of newspaper and then put the waxed paper over that.