- 12 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ⅛ cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 3 cups finely chopped pecans
- Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add confectioner’s sugar and continue beating until stiff but not dry.
- Beat egg yolks until very carefully unto whites.
- Gently fold in pecans. Pour into ungreased 10″ tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, invert pan to cool cake before removing from pan. Yields 10-12 servings. (You may lift your eyebrows because this recipe does not use flour – but don’t worry, it’s right.)