- Southern Pecan Mist Cake
12 egg whites
½ teaspoon salt
3 ⅛ cup sifted confectioner's sugar
12 egg yolks
3 cups finely chopped pecans
- Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add confectioner's sugar and continue beating until stiff but not dry.
- Beat egg yolks until very carefully unto whites.
- Gently fold on pecans. Por into ungreased 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, invert pan to cool cake before removing from pan. Yields 10-12 servings. (You may lift your eyebrows because this recipe does not use flour - but don't worry, it's right.)
Southern Pecan Mist Cake