2 lbs chicken tenders
2 cups pecan halves
1/4 cup almond flour
2 tsp seasoned salt (like Tony Chachere’s; plain salt will work too!)
1 tsp chipotle chili powder (or normal chili powder)
1/2 cup vegetable or other neutral oil
1. Pull chicken out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter (keep it in its packaging) while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
2. Place pecans in a food processor or blender and blend until fine crumbs with some small pieces.
3. Mix pecan crumbs, almond flour, salt and chili powder in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, scramble eggs.
4. Place a large plate or baking sheet next to the pecan mix. Dishes should be in this order: egg, pecan breading, baking sheet.
5. Pour 1/4 cup oil into a pan on the stove and turn on medium heat. While oil is heating, dip chicken tender in egg wash, then coat in pecan mix. Place on the plate/baking sheet and repeat until all tenders are well coated. Line a clean plate or baking sheet with paper towels to absorb excess oil after they finish cooking.
6. Add chicken to pan (as many as will fit without touching). Cook 3–5 minutes each side until fully cooked. Adjust heat as necessary so chicken doesn’t burn. You may need to cook in 2 batches and use the remaining 1/4 cup of oil for the second batch.
7. Once tenders are cooked, place on the plate/baking sheet lined with paper towels. Let cool and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of The Perfect Pear.