- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup white corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped pecans
- Beat egg whites in bowl until stiff.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup and water in saucepan. Boil until mixture reaches 252 degrees (hard ball stage).
- Pour the hot syrup slowly over the egg white beating until well mixed.
- Add vanilla and pecans and beat until mixture begins to lose gloss.
- Pour onto buttered platter or onto wax paper.
- Cut into squares. If desired, drop by teaspoon into individual patties.