- 1 pie crust
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare purchased crust or roll out pastry for Single-Crust Pie and line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
- For filling, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in pecan halves.
- Pour the filling into the pastry shell and place in preheated oven.
- To prevent over-browning, cover the edge of the pie with foil. Bake for about 45 minutes. Remove foil Bake longer if needed. Pie is ready when a knife inserted near the center comes out clean or when the pie only slightly “jiggles” when you remove from oven. It will set (get harder/thicker) as it cools.
- Cool on a wire rack.