1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup warm milk (whole or 2%)
2 1/4 tsp (1-1/4oz package) active dry yeast
2 eggs, room temp
1/3 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup butter, softened
4oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
For the dough:
1. Warm milk and place in a stand mixer bowl then add sugar and yeast. Let sit for 5–10 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add eggs, butter, vanilla, salt and flour. Using a dough hook, knead/mix on medium speed for about 7–8 minutes, until dough is soft and smooth. You can knead by hand if you would like! Dough should be sticky but not sticking to the sides or bottom of the bowl.
3. Place dough into another large greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a clean towel. Let sit in a warm environment for about 1 1/2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
4. Once dough has doubled, move onto a well-floured surface and roll into a rectangle (about 14×9). If dough sticks to rolling pin, lightly flour it.
For the filling:
5. Mix butter, sugar, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over dough.
6. Gently roll up, starting from the 9-inch side, until a log is formed. Slice 1-inch slices (you should have 9–12 slices).
7. Prepare a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place rolls into dish, leaving some wiggle room.
8. Cover dish and let proof again in a warm environment for 45–60 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 350 F. Pour heavy cream evenly over rolls until they’re just covered. Bake for 20–25 minutes until edges are slightly golden brown.
For the frosting:
10. While the rolls are baking/cooling, cream butter and cream cheese together. Add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and pecans, and whip until smooth.
11. Spread over rolls, top with extra pecans if desired, and enjoy!
12. Be sure to keep in an air-tight container or else the rolls may dry out. We highly recommend reheating them in the microwave before eating!
Recipe courtesy of The Perfect Pear.