- Bourbon Balls #2
1 small package vanilla wafers
1 cup pecans
1 cup powdered sugar or confectioner's sugar
2 teaspoons cocoa
½ tablespoon white corn syrup
¼ cup bourbon
- In your blender, blend 12 to 15 vanilla wafers into crumbs. Measure to be sure you have 1 cup. (Graham crackers may be used)
- In a bowl add vanilla wafers, chopped pecans (chop pecans in blender), powdered sugar and cocoa. Mix together.
- Add white corn syrup to bourbon and stir. Then add dry ingredients and stir. Mixture should be moist enough to form readily into a ball. If it isn't add another dribble into a ball. To lend an extra aromatic savor, moisten your hands with bourbon when making the balls.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar.
- Keep cool until ready to serve.
This recipe makes at least 48 - each about the size of a big aggie marble.